- The Balochistan Textbook Board, Quetta came into existence in August 1972. The Board remained under the Administrative Control of the Education Department Balochistan up to 17th November 1977.
- Thereafter it was declared an Autonomous Body under the Balochistan Textbook Board Ordinance, 1977, which was amended in 1979.
VISION & MISSION
- Balochistan Textbook Board has a vision of Nation building through error-free and quality textbooks, prepared on the basses of the culture of innovation, which seeks to stimulate the learning of the students and teaching passion of the teachers, which strives to broaden the horizons of learning in order to produce minds, alive to the responsibilities and challenges of life, and also capable of meeting them.
- In addition to this, BTBB has also a vision to prepare quality textbooks that cater to the learning needs of the students and assist in their cognitive development and conceptual understanding.
- BTBB has to ensure the enhancement of provincial expertise (Authors, Illustrators, Editors, and Reviewers) and capacity to review and develop quality textbooks and supplementary learning martial. BTBB has also a vision to provide online free textbooks for E-learning in the future.
FUNCTIONS OF BTBB
- Production and publication of error-free quality textbooks.
- Review And Develop The Textbooks In Accordance With The National Curricula 2006, Provincial Curriculum 2018 (Only Urdu Grade I To V) And National Textbooks And Learning Materials Policy 2007
LEGAL BODIES OF BTBB
- The Balochistan Textbook Board works as an Autonomous Body and self income generating institution. It gets no Grant-in-Aid. Its functioning is controlled, supervised, and supported by the following bodies, formed under the Ordinance 1977:-
1. Controlling Authority
The Controlling Authority is the Government of Balochistan or his nominee.
2. Board of Directors
The Board of Directors is a whole-time Chairman / Chairperson of the BTBB and two ex-officio members nominated by the Controlling Authority. Presently the Director of Education (Schools) Balochistan and the Director Bureau of Curriculum & Extension Centre Balochistan are the members of the Board of Directors. Board has the following functions and powers:-
POWERS OF BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Implementation of the Educational Policies of Government in respect of the production and publication of textbooks.
- Arrangement for publication and distribution of textbooks from Kachi to Higher Secondary level, Basic Non-Formal, and Adult Education.
- Maintenance of a library of reference books, textbooks, teaching aids, educational journals, and periodicals.
- To take such measures and exercise such powers as it considers necessary or expedient for carrying out the purpose of the ordinance.
- May undertake any work.
- Incur any Expenditure.
- To acquire by purchase, lease, exchange, or otherwise any material or machinery or any interest therein.
- And, enter into and perform all such contracts as it may consider necessary.
3. Advisory Council
The Advisory Council comprises the following members:-
- The Chairman.
- Members of the Board.
- The Vice-Chancellor of UOB or his nominee.
- The Director of Education Colleges Balochistan or his nominee.
- The Chairman of the BISE Balochistan.
- One Principal of the College, one Principal / Headmaster of Boys High School and One Principal / Head Mistress of Girls High School, nominated by the Controlling Authority.
POWERS OF ADVISORY COUNCIL
- To prescribe the qualifications, terms & conditions and duties of the employees of the Board Carrying BPS 16 and above.
- To review the financial position of the Board periodically and make recommendations to the Board for improving its Finances.
- The Advisory Council may act as an advisor of the Board on all cases of advice and suggestions received from the Government of Balochistan, Education Department, Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education, or an Individual or Institution.
CHAIRMEN BALOCHISTAN TEXTBOOK BOARD QUETTA
|1||Mr. Agha Nasir Khan Ahmedzai||20-08-1972||07-04-1973|
|2||Mr. Abdul Samad (Addl: Chg)||08-04-1973||03-05-1973|
|3||Mr. Rehmatullah (Addl: Chg)||04-05-1973||02-01-1974|
|4||Mr. Mohammad Akbar||03-01-1974||07-08-1974|
|5||Mr. Sajjad Hussain Qadri||25-08-1974||31-03-1976|
|6||Mr. Anwar Rooman||01-04-1976||16-06-1978|
|7||Mr. Mohammad Sardar Khan Gishkori||17-06-1978||16-06-1988|
|8||Prof. Mohammad Iqbal Qazi||17-06-1988||03-07-1989|
|9||Mr. Mohammad Sardar Khan Gishkori||03-07-1989||17-01-1993|
|10||Prf. Dr: Sultan Altaf Ali||18-01-1993||17-01-1996|
|11||Mr. Mehmood Atiq Khan||31-01-1996||01-05-1996|
|12||Mr. Malik Ejaz Hussain (Addl: Chg)||09-05-1996||12-08-1996|
|13||Prof. Amanullah Mengal||13-08-1996||16-12-1998|
|14||Raja Nisar Ahmed (Addl: Chg)||16-12-1998||15-01-1999|
|15||Raja Nisar Ahmed||08-02-1999||24-03-1999|
|16||Prof. Riaz Ahmed Baloch (Addl: Chg)||25-03-1999||06-04-1999|
|17||Raja. Nisar Ahmed||07-04-1999||09-04-1999|
|18||Prof. Riaz Ahmed Baloch (Addl: Chg)||10-04-1999||15-05-1999|
|19||Prof. Dr: Atta Miran Mirza||12-05-1999||31-12-1999|
|20||Prof. Sultan Mehmood Ahmed Niazi||01-01-2000||18-08-2000|
|21||Mr. Abdul Majeed Durrani (Addl: Chg)||05-09-2000||04-10-2000|
|22||Prof. Dr. Shoibullah Khan||01-10-2000||25-03-2003|
|23||Prof. Munir Ahmed Khan||27-03-2003||21-12-2004|
|24||Mrs. Sultana Baloch||21-12-2004||19-03-2007|
|25||Mohammad Ramzan (Addl: Chg)||03-04-2007||12-07-2007|
|26||Mst: Zubida Bugti||13-07-2007||05-06-2008|
|27||Mr. Ghulam Ali Baloch (Addl: Chg)||06-07-2008||27-08-2008|
|28||Dr. Ghulam Hussain Sarparah||11-09-2008||05-10-2010|
|30||Prof. Mohammad Noor||20-12-2010|
|31||Abdul Qayyum Babai||24-01-2012||11-01-2016|
|32||Prof. Sadullah Khan Tokhai||11-01-2016||06-11-2017|
|33||Prof.Muhammad Hashim Tareen||07-11-2017||23-12-2018|
|34||Mr. Yahya Khan Mengal||24-12-2018|